Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Get a grip

So it is 2016... And what have you done?


What did you spend your 2015 doing?


What did you do to make you better?


Did you do anything to make you better, or did you spend the year telling people that they are terrible for not thinking the way you think?


I spent the last year on a mission to try and make myself a better person.  I decided a year ago that I was going to let people get along with their own lives and I would focus on me.  Little did I know that 2015 would be the year that society lost its collective mind.  While I was trying to understand the teachings of Aristotle and Aurelius, people were freaking out about hurt feelings. The term "cyber-bullying" became a thing.  I was aghast at this... it's pretty easy to not that get to you... turn off the computer, or if you really need to be online for social media, block the offender. On the internet you are under zero obligations to interact with other people for whatever reason.


But no, we ended up having one of the founding members of Feminine Frequency, testifying before the UN that people are not nice.  No shit people are not nice. They don't have to be, and when you have made your living by running crowdfunding to malign the people that you are saying are not being nice online, you really did kind of do it to yourself. Now, on that front, was it right for members of that same maligned group to go out of their way to actually threaten and dox the poor woman, by no means. But when you open a can of shit, one should be prepared for the offensive effluvia that will very definitely waft from the inside.  The fact that police and other authorities found no credible threats is interesting to say the least.


But I found the whole thing, sad, and quite boring actually.



What I did find very, VERY, entertaining this year is that apparently "The Man" is so omnipresent, so overt, that black college students have literally began stumping for segregation.



Let that set in, they have been so led a foul by the system of entitlement that they have decided that they need to have "safe spaces" that are in fact black only areas.  MLK is rolling over in his grave, and I'm fairly certain that Malcom X would have some serious dope smacks to hand out to the lot of them.



I mean really, think about, you are part of a country, that for the last fifty or so odd years has been trying its damnedest to fix the racial divide (notwithstanding the extreme fringe) that you have decided that there is still "institutional racism" that you demand to be re-segregated from the population.  Piece after piece after piece this last year came out and started demanding that we become post racial... when a large majority of the country is looking at the issue saying... um, we are trying really hard.  And what kills me... what absolutely kills me; is that even through all of the nonsense and name calling most people have tried to be polite about the matter.  The same way that we are nice to a child, because it's not nice to pick on children, they literally don't know any better yet.  But there is always a point hat is reached where the child starts throwing a tantrum.  That's is when the "hard talk" starts.


I hazard to guess, that had there been harder talks with these emotionally stunted adults when they actually were children, we would not be having the mass college sized tantrums that we saw this year.  Hell, I have that talk with my daughter all the time.

Daughter: I didn't win! *stamps foot
Me: You can't win all the time, can you?
Daughter: No *adorably kick nonexistent rocks


Boom. Problem solved, problem staying solved. I of course have to do this a great many times, because... well she's four. In 15 years though, she will have gotten this talk, and many others, so many times that it will be in there. And she won't feel personally offended that someone else won a thing and she did not.  That is called being an adult.


So while I was worrying about becoming a better man and father, society decided that it was easier, or more fun to be children, or so it would seem. I don't know.  The real question is, did you take part in this?  Were you one of the blue haired harpies, screeching on and on about wage gap and perpetual sexual consent?  Did you get up in arms about the latest race bait? Are you now or have you ever demanded that there need be a space that you can be safe from the scary opinions of others?  or did you, for a moment even, Think that the way to act as an adult was to shout down or try and metaphorically tar and feather a person for saying something off colour?


If you did, you are part of the problem of 2015. 


I intend to be part of the solution in 2016.  I refuse to accept that my fellow people are so idiotic as to be hustled into a mindset that people should not be free to speak their minds completely, or that an artist not paint a tit.  I will not accept anyone trying to "shut them down" of an author that says or writes something inflammatory, as a matter of fact I will stump all the harder. This will not be reserved to those that I agree with, but for everyone.  You have a god given right to say fuck head retarded things, and people have that same right to call you out on it.  If you're right, fine, you're right.  But no more will I listen to anecdotal argument of "this poor person" or whatever.  Facts and data are the order of the day, not feelings and reactions.


Seriously, get a grip. 


You are the product of 4 billion years of evolution, fucking act like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment